INDIVIDUAL BBQ CHICKPEA PIZZAS
- 2 Chapatis/Tortillas/soft tacos
- 1 cup cooked/canned chickpeas or any other beans/peas/lentils/legumes
- 2 - 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce (home-made soy-free bbq sauce here)
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Red onions, sliced
- Sweet mini peppers or red peppers, sliced
- Non-dairy cheese of choice, or drizzle this cashew millet cheese sauce or this mozzarella shreds.
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley or cilantro
- Place the tortillas/tacos/flat bread on baking sheet.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and onions.
- Toss the chickpeas or other beans with barbecue sauce to coat evenly.
- Top the veggies with the chickpeas, and drizzle more barbecue sauce if needed.
- Add other veggies of choice - like sweet peppers or pickled jalapenos. Top with shredded cheese and then dried or fresh parsley or cilantro.
- Bake at a pre-heated 425 degrees F for 12-15 minutes depending on the flat bread used. Sere hot sliced, or whole.
Bake the chickpeas and veggies tossed in bbq sauce, in a ramekin for 12 minutes, then serve as is or top on greens with additional bbq sauce, or in lettuce wraps. No grain, no added oil, bbq chickpea veggie bowl.
Make larger wraps with the ingredients. Add greens or slaw. Cut and serve.